The Flight Over

After going to bed at 11:30 pm on Tuesday, it was time to wake up on Wednesday morning at 3:00 am in order to be out the door at 4:00 am and arrive at the airport at 5:00 am. I was a bit groggy but hey, one tends to wake up when one knows they’re in for an airplane flight! We got to the airport, checked our bags, and then headed towards security. The line was huge! We took our place at the end of the line and were promptly handed this:



I thought it was pretty funny actually, I especially liked the line “You have been selected because you are the last person in line.” Being last is usually not a good thing, but now you get “selected” if you’re last. Yes!

Once through security we went straight to our gate, which was less of a gate and more of a door onto the tarmak. We climbed into our little puddle-jumper prop plane and got all buckled in. Guess where my seat was!



Yep, right by the prop. That was cool for about, oh, the first minute. I even broke FAA regulations and had my camera on while it started up so I could record it. Here you go!



This flight was to Seattle, so for those of you who were thinking that I had to sit next to a propeller for the entire trip to Boston, rest assured. It was a 45 minute flight, and we landed in Seattle at about 7:30 am. Seattle’s airport was actually kinda cool. My favorite part, by far, was the whale. Yes, they had a whale, a big stuffed one, outside one of their shops.



Then it was time for the big flight. The 6 hour flight from Seattle to Boston. I planned on getting a bunch of Calculus done, but soon realized that the little tray tables just weren’t big enough, so I had to give up after one assignment. I slept most of the way because if you’ll remember, I was going on 3 and a half hours of sleep. Thus concludes my flight over to Boston!

No comments: