An Adventure in East Campus

I’m going to tell you right now, I’m a west campus guy. No offense East Campus dwellers, I’m just more comfortable in a more “standard” way of life, no scary murals or smoking for me. That’s not to say there weren’t some exciting adventures to be had in East Campus. One of the events I was looking forward to the most was shopping cart jousting. Unfortunately, it turned out to be one of those events that had a ton of potential but just fell flat. The culprit was the pool noodle that we used as our spears. The amount of speed we built up caused them to flop from side to side, making it impossible to knock the stuffed animal off of our opponents heads.

I’m not sure I’ve mentioned it, but Hank was a contestant on Teen Jeopardy. That means he’s smart and sophisticated, right? Um, I’ll let the following picture and video speak for themselves.





We’re the leaders of tomorrow folks, get ready for us!

East Campus is notorious for building things, including a rollercoaster at one point. This year we saw a handcart thing, which was actually very creative. The only problem was, well, it didn’t have any way to turn, but that’s ok.



We were watching this cart go back and forth across the courtyard



when all of a sudden it got a new feature:



A couch! Here’s the funny story behind the couch. Around where I live, whenever something goes right or something good happens, you hear somebody say “That’s awesome” or “That worked like a charm” or “Perfect!” When they discovered that the couch fit perfectly on the cart, I heard the following “That’s ideal!” I’d never heard somebody have such a polite outburst, it was quite funny!

The next fun feature in the East Campus courtyard was the lemonade dispensing toilet.



A lot of people thought that this was gross but I thought it was really creative! I leapt at the opportunity to drink the lemonade, and lemme tell ya, it was QUITE good. Kudos East Campus.

After all of this excitement we decided to take a tour of senior haus. That was, well, an adventure. Again, no offense, but it’s not the dorm for me. We also got a tour of East Campus dorm, home of the disco dance floor. I snagged some pictures of it, but they aren’t nearly as glamorous as some of the pictures you’ll see of it on the internet. Consider these pictures the “disco dance floor without its makeup on.”



That about sums up our experiences at East Campus. After finishing our tours we were in a tour-y mood so we decided to get an official tour of Simmons. That story next!

No comments: